Tuesday, February 3, 2009

insomnia


the insomnia i have been eluding for a while, caught up with me last night.

i had a nightmare that i was drawn into a dog breeding ring. but not normal dogs, really, really huge black dogs that were kind of like rottweilers, but bigger and they had saliva dripping off of their teeth (saliva on teeth = really mean). thankfully i had partners in the ring. one of whom was kevin federline, and he was actually quite lovely. no attitude and very little talk of brit brit. also, there were some old friends from elementary school there too, but we didn't talk. then everyone kind of left and i found myself face to face with one of the largest, most angry dog of the bunch. then i realized i was in the parking structure from the episode of seinfeld where they lose their car in the parking structure and jerry has to pee. and jerry and kramer were there, and i called out to them, "help, help!!" and the dog was trying to eat me. barking and seething, and i just kept smacking it away and yelling help. kramer just looked at me, but he didn't come help. then, i woke up. wide awake. 2:30.

that's all.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love having weird dreams like that. so abstract (i think) and wonderfully entertaining. i wish i dreamed more...or at least remembered them more.

Alice X said...

hha, i love hilarious and random dreams like that that don't make any sense. i try to extract some hidden meaning behind them, isn't it nice to dream?

alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

vanessa joie said...

Ugh I hate creepy dreams that leave me wide awake! :(

Christian Sandström said...

Hi, those of you who are interested in Polaroid and what happened to the company may like this slideshow:

http://www.slideshare.net/Christiansandstrom/disruptive-innovation-and-the-bankruptcy-of-polaroid-presentation

Anonymous said...

weird. i have crazy dreams like that ALL the time. last night i had a dream that there was a machine that made duplicates of everything. it kept making doubles of all of my shoes. the best part of dreaming, is telling someone about it when you wake up.

Annie Crowninshield said...

what a star studded cast! my insomnia remedies are...

turn on the light and read. works like a charm but the problem is I never want to disturb the husband so I toss and turn instead.

get a fish tank. stare into it. this is what everyone tells me to do when I talk about sleep problems but it could be a total load of crap!

Mark Samuel Monroe said...

this is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Haha, always a good episode.

Anonymous said...

i hate dreams that leave me wide awake in the middle of the night. hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I once walking into the living room while I was sleeping and told my mom we had to take Seinfeld to the Airport! That was forever ago. So wierd!

Linnéa said...

I have given you an award ;)
xoxo

Kasey said...

Jen, I am so glad i found you lovely, lovely blog!!
xo

Lara Maria said...

I love this pic.
which camera do u use ??

Nest said...

I FEEL you, sister. I am such an insomniac. Sleep is my biggest enemy and best friend all at the same time.

Anonymous said...

trés bon ça aussi. well played