Tuesday, February 24, 2009

me - not in polaroid form


so it seems i may be featured in the contributor section of april's real simple. we'll see about that. either way, when they asked me to provide a photo of myself for the page, i realized all i had was blurry polaroids, or polaroids with my face crossed out with a sharpie. neither of which felt appropriate to me. so i convinced a very reluctant andrew to grab the 5 d and take some super cheesy shots of me. i tortured him! he'd take some photos and then i'd be like "ok, ok come here. let me check them. oh no, honey. this isn't good. look at my hand there, look at my posture. you didn't get my whole boot in." he was surprisingly calm about this (usually my rousing, well, rouses him). we only had to come in and out of the house 4 times and then i ended up using mostly the photos from the very first time. my oh my, when did i get so bossy? don't answer that! wait, that was bossy, too, right? yikes. don't answer that either! anyway in the effort to share with you my life through blogging (that's what i'm doing here). i give you these three photos: pensive jen, accessorizing jen and come hither jen. i think i might have actually sent the polaroids, too. now i can't remember. what else is new?

ok. that's all. have a great day.

17 comments:

the purcells said...

i love them all - nice work andrew! and super exciting to be in the contributors hopefully, congrats!!! xoxo

Orange Pattern said...

Send them the polaroid! It's you.

Anonymous said...

Put me down for one of each!

Anonymous said...

Cute pix, of course, since you are a very cute girl. But I know what you mean about getting someone to take *the picture* you have in your mind. It is ok to be bossy sometimes.

jen said...

beautiful! my favorite is the one in the middle.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the middle one is you. But I have to agree with the polaroid idea. That's totally you.

Anonymous said...

Of these, I like the middle one best... but you should seriously send your profile picture!

Congratulations!!

vanessa joie said...

That's so exciting! Real Simple is one of my favorite magazines.

The middle one is my fav too! But all of your polaroids of yourself are great too.

Anonymous said...

Get off my porch!

Pseudoangela said...

Oh my, so you are both talented AND beautiful. Is that allowed?

g and h said...

those pics are too cute, jen! i like them all!

g

Anonymous said...

i think they are all beautiful!!!! and i loved your post about it.

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

you look so vintage to me! i love it!

Kasey said...

darling!!

kerri said...

pippi longstocking but way more beautiful

I said...

Gorgeous pics! Can't wait to see them in Real Simple.

nath said...

Fabulous photos, that dress is beautiful and in the last one you look like Roisin Murphy.