Monday, April 20, 2009

spring cleaning


most of time if you call me when i am at home and ask me what i'm doing i will tell you that i am cleaning. i always seem to be cleaning (and andrew, too), but i am so messy that i can't seem to keep up with myself. this weekend andrew and i did some real spring cleaning. we took all of the pots and pans out of the cupboards. andrew cleaned the cupboards while i bossed him around. the usual. it felt good to get everything organized and finally find the lid to the stock pot. hooray! and when we finished, we rewarded ourselves with gin and tonics. now that's my kind of cleaning.

7 comments:

amy b.s. said...

gin and tonic...maybe i should use that as a motivator to clean! then maybe i'd actually do it!

Josephine Tournier Ingram said...

hi jen! i just discovered your blog through carrie & andy. your blog is beautiful!

it was great to see you guys at the urban family easter celebration. see you guys next year!

cheers!
josephine

the purcells said...

i love cleaning!! especially with a reward like that.

vanessa joie said...

That's what I spent my weekend doing too. Reward - sleep.

Industrialsparkle said...

Why didn't I think of ending my spring cleaning with gin and tonic. Thats genius. I just wanted to say that I saw you on Dialogue and your "fanciful hair pieces make people angry" comment made me laugh soooo hard.

Anonymous said...

there may be something with me, but i look forward to SPRING cleaning every year!

Anonymous said...

yep, half my weekends are spent cleaning too. but come the next day, it looks like it's never been cleaned!