Monday, September 8, 2008

lines & shapes, vol 4 - - pairs


so this is one of those secrets that i have kept so long, that i actually almost forgot about it . . . almost. i was (and still am) thrilled to be asked to be a part of lines & shapes vol.4. our assignment was pairs. hmmmmm, pairs. we had the freedom to do whatever we wanted to with that theme, and although the stylist in me wanted to take that very literally and shoot pairs of shoes - - the emerging artist in me wouldn't let her. i ended up using old polaoroids that i had and paired them with brand new self portraits. 2 pictures = 1 pair. this pair didn't actually make the cut, but i wanted you to see it. i posted a few more on flickr, and will try and get the rest up sometime this week. sure hope you like them.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heavens, I would so enjoy working with you all, alas I find living in SD would put quite a strain on availability.. Instead I think I'll be a very devout customer...

Hope you find someone who exceeds your expectations and is a delight every minute of the day!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen, these are stunning! I am just gasping at the 4 you have on flickr. I like this one and the balloons one too. Well done, I can't wait to see which one gets in there.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so beautiful! I love everything you do -- I was totally smitten by your Small Mag photos and must purchase the lines and shapes book now.

Chris said...

I totally get the pairs. Love 'em, actually. Your work is very airy and quiet to me, very mystic...glad you listened to the emerging artist in you :)

STEFANIE said...

great pair ^-^ love the pictures!

ann.e said...

how does everything you do look so beautiful?

notebookdoodles said...

pretty!!

Anonymous said...

i love this pair. jen, you really are the best at what you do. your style is so distinctive, despite all of the polaroid being shot out there.

continued success with all of your creative endeavors.

Unknown said...

Love the pairs. Great idea. I am inspired.