Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Proudest Accomplishment


I'm talking about the moonwalk. That's right. Thanks for all of your well wishes. The recital was great, and I actually think the moonwalk looked pretty good. I was a bit scared about doing it, but my friends assured my it looked good (so I trusted them). After the recital we came home and watched the video, which is usually quite traumatic (does the camera really only add 10 pounds?). It was still very traumatic and in the seconds leading up to my moonwalk solo I had to cover my eyes, but then I cheated and peaked a little bit. It actually looked like a real moonwalk. And Andrew said it was, "Great!" He doesn't usually lie about those things. He is trying to edit a little 5 second moonwalk video because I am just dying to show you. You'll get a huge laugh. I'll keep you posted.

PS. Thanks for all of the compliments on the new site. I can't tell you what that means to me, and I should have more information about prints in about a week. We leave for Florida tonight - a week long visit - so expect to see some beaches and palm trees in the near future.

7 comments:

April Moore Skelton said...

oh how many hours i've spent trying to perfect my moonwalk. can't wait to see your video.

jen v said...

can't wait to see your moonwalk. that is something i have never been able to master. looking forward to purchasing my first jen gotch print :)

Leila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leila said...

Congratulations! I always liked to pretend to moonwalk on my grandparents wood floors in my socks when I was little. I'm sure it's much more fun to REALLY do it!

If you feel like it, I've tagged you to answer 5 questions that I've answered on my blog. Just because I thought that they were really fun questions.

jen said...

oh, i NEED to see that moonwalk! have a great time in fla!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see the moonwalk! love this shot. and your new website looks smaaaashing, darling! well done!! px

asher Sydenham said...

This is the most beautiful picture and i can't wait to get my hands on the new book. good luck


asher

www.knittingmelon.blogspot.com