Wednesday, July 30, 2008

all shook up


i just wanted to thank everyone for their comments and emails about the earthquake yesterday. myself and all of my pretty things have emerged unscathed. i was in michael's craft store when it hit and it was very strange. people were just looking around as the very, very tall shelves (i never really noticed how tall) swayed and stuff like scrapbooks and glitter glue hit the ground. i thought for sure i would come home to a barn full of broken glasses, but no, nothing even moved. not even an inch (i know that because of the dust that surrounds each glass). i feel very lucky, very lucky indeed.

9 comments:

/// said...

Wasn't that CRAZINESS, Jen????

So glad you're ok. I was in the coffee shop, and good LORD, it was the weirdest feeling. :)

Jennifer said...

Glad you are ok and so are your pretty things. I really dislike earthquakes...

Elizabeth Soule said...

Glad to hear that everything is okay.

Stacy said...

glad everything is alight.

Unknown said...

um, it was a bit scary. I always think....is this the big one? {and I mean biger than 94!}

great photo!

jen said...

glad you are ok:)

Annie Crowninshield said...

I was in my store, surrounded by delicate objects, and I acted completely demented and ran into the street. Hahahaha. Everything survived though so it's just another good story to tell!

Unknown said...

I am glad everything is OK. I did not know where exactly you lived……I guess that I should check profiles more!


On a side note, I love Michael’s. I like going in the store just to look and ponder. It always grabs my visit when I go to the city.

180360 said...

I love this photo!

I recently bought "For the love of light" which inspired me to take my first Polaroid's this week. It has been so much fun.