Thursday, July 10, 2008

Can you look at this without smiling?



I can't. Balloons and big colorful bunches of tissue paper party balls (sounds kind of dirty) always make me smile. These are both from my travels yesterday. So I guess work isn't so bad when you get to do stuff like stare at balloons and big bunches of tissue paper party balls. The tissue paper party balls are at this amazing new store called Mercado. I have been meaning to stop in for a while now. Every time I pass by and see that amazing window full of the balls I want to stop in (I decided to shorten it from tissue paper party balls, although I guess explaining it might have just defeated the purpose - - and gosh, now it sounds really dirty). Yesterday I did just that and was lucky enough to meet Michelle, one of the owners and a prop stylist. This place is amazing, so if you're in LA, you must check it out and if not, you can see it online here. Ok. Off to a shoot. Have a very, very nice day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really does give out a very nice and warm feeling!

Anonymous said...

It's impossible to look at them without smiling...
love the soft tones.

Decor Fellow: James Saavedra said...

I snapped a pic of this just the other day! I thought it was uplifting

Stacy said...

I love the photo on the right. It makes me want to throw a party just so I can hang these all over my house.

Anonymous said...

I saw this set on flickr and just fell in love with it. I LOVE balloons in photography...and those puffy colorful balls are gorgeous. You are a way with capturing it, though...so great.

Amy (the b-line) said...

Not hardly!
I got here through your website, which is completely fabulous! Well done!
Amy