Sunday, January 10, 2010

bouncy balls


these are bouncy balls.
i love bouncy balls. i love how they look and i love the pure satisfaction i get from bouncing them (that's what she said - - sorry, i couldn't help it).
but bouncy balls got me thinking about bouncing back.
they do it so easily, but i fear it is not that easy for me.
i wonder if it has something to do with getting older. the same way in which it is harder to lose weight after being a glutton for several months or even the way my right eyelid has decided to start drooping (and i can't tell if anyone else notices it? i hate stuff like that).
regardless, bouncing back from the last few months won't be as easy as just putting up a new calendar (i kind of hoped that a new calendar, fresh journal, resolutions, goals and a severely positive attitude might help). it's really gonna take determination and patience. i definitely feel like a weight is lifted, and i think a lot of you do, too. i think if we all try to bounce back together it would be a lot nicer. what do you think? do you have any advice for bouncing back? when you feel yourself slipping into old habits, what do you do?
i think i need a mantra or a theme song, or a mantra and a theme song. or a theme song that can be spoken as a mantra.
emily had me hooked on "break my stride," by matthew wilder - for a while there. i think she saw oprah say that was her mantra song (sorry emily, i may have just outed you). it was kind of working, but i need something new. can you help me? pllllllllleeeeeeeeease.

10 comments:

Irene said...

Currently, my inspirational theme song is Elbow's "One Day Like This". By the time they're singing "throw those curtains wide" I feel that I can do anything.

I also love the repetitive chant of Animal Collective's "I think I can".

Anonymous said...

Hello!

What I can share is to try reading Succulent Wild Woman by SARK. It's a fun book and full of illustrations while helping to heal and get back on track. It really helped me. The books and music inspirations at the end of every chapter is interesting.

I'm a follower of your blog for sometime now and hope that things will turn out well this year. =)

juliana said...

It may sound cheesy, but "Everythings Not Lost" by Coldplay. And I always sing along at the end...

And as far as everything else goes - I think you just have to bear with it. For me it has always helped to sort of accept everything thats gone wrong. To say "ok, this is how it is, and now I have to take it from here". Just breathe and try not to force anything. Change will probably come on its own. Good luck!

Susanna said...

I think Yeasayer - Ambling Alp, even if it is just for "but your lows will have their complement of highs" I hope 2010 treats you good! :)

jenn said...

I've had a really tough year too, and I really felt myself seeing the "light at the end of the tunnel" one day while walking on the beach. I was listening to "Naive Melody" by the Talking Heads, and while I had listened to that song many, many times, for some reason that day the words really touched me. I hope you find your next them song soon!! Good luck this year! I have a feeling it's going to be a really good one for all of us. :-)

alicia said...

the zombies, "this will be our year."
short, lovely, happy, perfect.

Tara Badstubner said...

As far as songs, Imogen Heap "Not Now But Soon." I've had some struggles and I've gotten really good at keeping track of all the quotes that lift me up and help me re-focus.

This one is free: "You must realize that something is happening to you, that life has not forgotten you, that it holds you in its hand and will not let you fall." Rainer Maria Rilke.

Chin up.

My Year Without said...

Wow--my husband collects bouncy balls....not really on purpose. He finds them wherever he goes, magically. Great picture!

Zane Wooder said...

When I was a kid after the dentist they let me take one prize. I would always take the bouncy balls. They were addicting to bounce up and down. Little things amaze me.

-Zane of ontario honey

ABUZZ HEALTHCARE SERVICES, LLC said...

I am honored to be referred to ABUZZ HEALTHCARE SERVICES, and we will recommend them further. They are always available and respond quickly to any request.