Tuesday, January 19, 2010

seriously, though.


seriously, though . . . how nice does that bed look? i saw this photo when i was going through my flickr account and there was a big part of me that wanted to dive inside the computer and get right into that bed. i know those sheets are like the perfect temperature, there kind of crisp, but also soft at the same time. the cover is like a fluffy cloud that still weighs enough to keep you warm and protected. about that whole cover protection thing . . . am i the only one who thinks that covers can protect you from all things evil and wrong? am i the only one who actually feels like there is a boogie monster and he will find me if so much as even a tip of a toe is peaking out the bottom of my covers? i don't think so. i bet you feel that way, too. i actually think that if i could breath while totally engulfed in covers, i would. i have a really creative way of wrapping the blanket around me so only a minimal amount of skin is exposed and then just a bit of mouth and nose. it drives andrew crazy because all of this twisting does certainly minimize the amount of covers that is left for him. maybe i should buy him his own blanket. that might be a nice valentine's day present. last year i gave him these. i made'em all by myself. they are faded now. kinda cool, kinda sad. oh and also, well two things really. first. sometimes i sleep in my clothes. i like it. i like having clothes on. i would shower in clothes if i could. oh, now i've said too much. oh well. i have another secret. our sheet has a giant hole in it and i don't care. (well i kind of care and i also think it is part of the reason why this particular picture was so appealing tonight). the hole started 4 days ago as a small tear. nothing offensive or worrisome, but within 4 days it has grown to a giant hole. a hole big enough to swallow a foot. my foot. and that's kinda scary when you are asleep and start dreaming that a fierce and angry crocodile is trying to bite your foot off. a sane person might have changed the sheets, but not me. tonight i am wearing pj pants and socks, so there will be more padding when that croc comes after me.

update. i just got into bed (yes with my computer and yes i know that is sick) and there's some kitty litter in here, too. kitty is getting ready to kick the bucket, so we've been letting her sleep with us. my hope. i can get all of the litter to fall into the hole, which will satisfy (or repulse) the crocodile and keep my foot safe for another night.

10 comments:

chelsea said...

I am really glad you started blogging again!:) I like sleeping in my clothes too:).

rubi said...

i love all your new posts.
i sometimes sleep with the clothes i i want to wear the next day so i can just hop out of bed at the very last minute.
i love my bed.

mary said...

This post completely cracked me up. I love it! :)

east side bride said...

somehow the covers always end up piled over on my side. I don't know how it happens, but I refuse to take the blame/credit.

James Robert said...

That is so my old bed! People used to 'slip n slide' style run a and jump into it.

Ahh I miss it...

maccandace said...

Your blog is funny...but I am sad about your kitty, having a zillion cats myself.

Sadako said...

Looks so cute!

marspaialways3 said...

this was such a cute post.

Erin said...

about the covers? yes. completely. nothing bad can touch what is covered in blanket. and i don't care if it's summer out.
i have always felt that way. and i have always thought i was the only one.

Monday Chimps said...

I love your posts! Nice Photos!